A Fistful of Fingers Main Title
Bradley Jones has just posted the main title music to A Fistful of Fingers, at YouTube:
Kiberkirik has just posted the main title music to A Fistful of Fingers at YouTube:
Funding for Films
The British Film Institute has published a useful summary of sources of funding for UK films.
These fall under the headings:
- National and regional agencies
- UK Tax relief and
- Regional Investment funds
Full info. at:
Filmdaily.tv gives a list of feature film grants, see:
- Creative Debut's Black Artists Grant
- BFI Network - Early Development Funding
- Short Circuit: First Features
- CoViD-19 Recovery Fund
- albert free training
- BFI Network x BAFTA Crew Mentoring
- IBF Europe: Regulations for Distribution Support
- The Pitch Film Fund
- Actors’ Benevolent Fund
- Disability Arts Online’s new commissions for disabled artists
- Sheffield Doc Fest - Digital Industry Pass 2021
- Welfare - Response to CoViD-19
- West Midlands Production Fund
- Ford Foundation: JustFilms
- Screen Scotland: Film Development and Production Fund
- Field of Vision's Virtual Mentorship & Consultation Service for the Documentary Community
- Screen Scotland: Professional Development Fund
UK Film Commissions
UK Creative England:
- Bath: Bath Film Office
- Birmingham: Birmingham
- Bristol: Bristol Film Commission
- Berkshire: Berkshire Film Office
- Cornwall: Screen Cornwall
- Kent: Kent Film Office
- Liverpool: Liverpool Film Office
- London: Film London
- Northern UK: Northern Film Media
- Yorkshire: Screen Yorkshire
- Manchester: Screen Manchester
- Surrey: Surrey Film Office
- Yorkshire: Screen Yorkshire
- Wales: Screen Alliance Wales and Business Wales.
- Scotland: Creative Scotland
- Northern Ireland: Northern Ireland Screen
François conducted backing string parts at Air Lyndhurst Studios, London 24/11/20, in marvellous arrangements by Howard James Martin for Andrew Teacher's new album project: Red Clubs, Black Hearts.
John Prestage: Sound Recordist at Air Lyndhurst Studios, London
L-R: Andrew Teacher (songwriter /vocals), François Evans (conductor), Howard James Martin (arranger)
Managed by Laura Anstee, marvellous string players included musicians who have performed with the London Symphony Orchestra and Philharmonia Orchestra.
Mazen Murad to Master The 3 Kings Soundtrack
François Evans's biblical soundtrack to Shaun Moseley's millennial feature film The 3 Kings starring Ron Moody and Vanessa Redgrave is to be mastered, appropriately, in the Middle East.
Mastering Engineer: Mazen Murad
Mazen has been based at EMI Studios 301, Whitfield Street Sony and Metropolis, London. He has worked with Mika, DJ Shadow, Björk, Muse and Robbie Williams.
Clef Band-Box Resurrected
An automaton band-in-a-box made by Clef Products (Electronics) Ltd of Stockport, Cheshire, UK in ca 1982, the Clef Band-Box was rare, with only about 1000 made. There is an article on the Clef Band-Box at Matrixsynth.
Huge thanks to genius Andy Collins at Antech Systems for restoring one I was lucky to find.
Question is, what piece of music can it be used in?